Jameel Ahmad, FXTM’s newly appointed Vice President of Corporate Development and current Chief Market Analyst appeared on CNBC Arabia’s Bursat Show last week to discuss the current outlook for the global currency markets and upcoming trends we may see in the future.
The Bursat Show is considered to be one of the most influential sources of breaking financial and business news in the Middle East, featuring prominent thought leaders who contribute to the ever-evolving corporate landscape of the region.
Key topics discussed during Jameel’s most recent appearance on the Bursat Show included:
• The disappointing US retail sales data and how reduced consumer spending remains one of the weakest areas of the US economy.
• Whether the economic data from the United States might delay the Federal Reserve from raising interest rates and when our VP of Corporate Development expects a US rate increase.
• How the 1.10 area in the EURUSD is seen as a strong psychological level and why Jameel expects the selling in the pair to resume once the EURUSD breaks below 1.10.
• The possibility of the Bank of England raising UK interest rates sooner than expected following surprisingly upbeat comments from BoE Governor Mark Carney.
• The correlation between resumed selling momentum in the price of WTI Oil and what impact this has on commodity-linked currencies.
You can watch Jameel’s interview with CNBC Arabia, which was broadcast on 14 July 2015 below (in Arabic)*:
Disclaimer: The content in this video comprises personal opinions and ideas and should not be construed as containing personal and/or other investment advice and/or an offer of and/or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments and/or a guarantee and/or prediction of future performance. FXTM, its affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees do not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available and assume no liability as to any loss arising from any investment based on the same.
In his key role as both Chief Market Analyst and Vice President of Corporate Development at FXTM, Jameel Ahmad’s commentary on economic and market events has generated significant interest from leading global media outlets and this was not the first time that he has been featured on CNBC Arabia. View his previous interview on the Bursat Show here.
The latest media coverage of FXTM can be found in our NEW FXTM in the Media section. Bookmark this page to view the latest from the world’s leading media outlets. Plus, stay up-to-date with the latest from the markets with informative Daily Market Analysis.
*Video attributed to CNBC Arabia.