Admiral Markets team is happy to announce a new advanced feature – Volatility Protection, which is now available for clients with Admiral.Markets, Admiral.Prime and Admiral.MT5 accounts.
Why is it important to protect yourself against market volatility?
Every trader knows what volatility stands for – we can describe it as a measure of speed and magnitude of the price changes.
Various events ranging from economic data releases to natural disasters make these price changes so fast and furious that the financial outcome of trading becomes unpredictable.
Admiral Markets has helped to minimise volatility risk by offering a package of advanced trading settings to help you avoid the reefs in the heavy sea of the financial markets.
What are the major benefits of Volatility Protection?
These features are intended to help you trade with more confidence by providing guaranteed limits of slippage and more chances to get filled with any trade size.
You're getting enhanced protection through the the ability to cancel orders on price gaps with no losses and through a lower probability of order activation due to spread widening.
After all, you're getting more confidence while trading any market, including those with lower liquidity and higher volatility, as well as getting more trading opportunities.
What are key features of Volatility Protection?
We're essentially offering a wider, more sophisticated range of trading orders and settings, which can be beneficial to virtually any strategy by helping our clients get significant advantages in volatile conditions.
Volatility Protection includes the following features:
- The ability to enter the market with limited risk and potentially unlimited additional gains through execution of stop and market orders as limit orders with predefined maximum slippage.
- Protection from instant losses on limit orders with predefined stop-loss levels triggered on the same tick.
- The ability to minimise the market risk associated with stop orders through cancellation of stop orders on price gaps, with stop-loss orders triggered on the same tick or with slippage exceeding a predefined amount of points.
- A chance to get filled at the nearest available price when a limit order (for example, a take-profit order) is reached on a price spike and not executed due to absent liquidity beyond that level.
- A chance to avoid activation of the stop orders due to widened spreads during economic news releases and other volatile conditions, which may not result in an actual change of the price level.
- The ability to trade limit orders of larger scale due to a partial fill functionality – particularly, in the less liquid markets.
- The ability to monitor the amount of the slippage size applied to executed orders.
How can I get access to Volatility Protection?
Any client with Admiral.Markets, Admiral.Prime or Admiral.MT5 account (both live and demo, except for ex-Admiral.Pro accounts on AM-Live1, AM-Live3) can set up Volatility Protection settings in the Account Settings page of the Trader's Room.
Where can I get more information about Volatility Protection?
You can learn more about the Volatility Protection settings on Admiral Markets website in the Products section.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our technology branch – AMTS Solutions as well as its CEO, Dmitry Rannev, for invention and implementation of these amazing features.