In October 2014 we significantly increased the list of available currency pairs by adding the Admiral.Markets account with a wide range of Forex instruments.
According to our development plans, in 2015 you can expect even bigger updates that will let you discover new markets and find new and exciting trading opportunities.
Before we take another step towards further expansion, we gathered the accumulated statistics on trading volumes and customer feedback from the entire network of Admiral Markets companies and branches. As a result we have a clear insight into which of the instruments that we added last October are of interest for you and which were not.
Additionally we have analysed the data resulting from recent changes in the trading terms of our liquidity providers and have created a list of instruments that are considered potentially risky following the Swiss Franc event of January 15th, or those that have become disadvantageous for traders because of widened spreads and increased margin requirements.
As a consequence of this research we have scheduled the optimization of the list of currency pairs and will introduce it to you on March 30th 2015 in accordance with the following major considerations:
- Some currency pairs will be temporarily set to 'Close Only'1 mode until the trading terms, such as spreads and margin requirements, offered by Admiral Markets' counterparties improve. In particular, this concerns cross pairs with the Swiss Franc, which still have 10 times higher margin requirements than other currency pairs and may cause serious inconvenience to traders.
- The least actively traded currency pairs and instruments that have an artificially constrained pricing and which may therefore be subject to sudden policy changes by their respective governments, will be set to 'Close Only' mode on a permanent basis.
Please read more about the expected changes in paragraphs 1-4 below.
1. Changes on Admiral.Markets Accounts:
1.1. The following instruments will be temporarily set to 'Close Only' mode: AUDCHF, CADCHF, CHFJPY, EURCHF, GBPCHF, NZDCHF, USDPLN, USDSEK2.
1.2. The following instruments will be set to 'Close Only' on a permanent basis: EURCZK, EURDKK, EURHKD, EURHUF, EURMXN, EURNOK, EURPLN, EURSEK, EURSGD, EURTRY, EURZAR, GBPCZK, GBPDKK, GBPHKD, GBPHUF, GBPMXN, GBPNOK, GBPPLN, GBPSEK, GBPSGD, GBPTRY, GBPZAR, HKDJPY, NOKJPY, NOKSEK, NZDSGD, SGDJPY, USDCZK, USDDKK, USDHKD, USDHUF, USDMXN, USDNOK, USDSGD, USDTRY, USDZAR2.
2. Changes on Admiral.Prime Accounts:
2.1.The following instruments will be temporarily set to 'Close Only' mode: AUDCHF-ECN, CADCHF-ECN, CHFJPY-ECN, EURCHF-ECN, EURNZD-ECN, GBPAUD-ECN, GBPCHF-ECN, GBPNZD-ECN, NZDCHF-ECN.
2.2. The following instruments will be set to 'Close Only' on a permanent basis: EURMXN-ECN, EURTRY-ECN, EURZAR-ECN, GBPTRY-MXN, GBPZAR-ECN, USDCNH-ECN, USDTRY-ECN, USDZAR-ECN.
3. Changes on Admiral.MT5 Accounts:
3.1. The following instruments will be temporarily set to 'Close Only' mode: AUDCHF, CADCHF, CHFJPY, EURCHF, GBPCHF, NZDCHF, USDPLN, USDSEK.
3.2. The following instruments will be set to 'Close Only' on a permanent basis: EURCZK, EURDKK, EURHUF, EURNOK, EURPLN, EURSEK, EURTRY, GBPSGD, USDCZK, USDDKK, USDHKD, USDHUF, USDMXN, USDNOK, USDSGD, USDTRY, USDZAR.
4. Changes on Admiral.Classic Accounts:
The following instruments will be placed to 'Close Only' on a permanent basis: AUDCHF, CADCHF, CHFJPY, EURCHF, GBPCHF, NZDCHF, USDPLN, USDSEK, EURPLN, USDCZK, USDHUF.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind our clients with Admiral.Classic accounts about the favourable trading terms offered by the Admiral.Markets account.
If you wish to open an Admiral.Markets account and access re-quote-free trading, an extended list of instruments and higher levels of leverage, then please open an Admiral.Markets account in your Trader's Room and transfer funds internally from your current account.
1) The 'Close Only' mode means that an instrument is only available for closing positions or cancellation of pending orders.
2) The changes also concern the instruments with -Pro postfix that are available for trading on AM-Live and AM-Live3 servers, for example, GBPCHF-Pro, EURCHF-Pro etc.