WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will make a final push on Wednesday to shepherd a Republican tax overhaul across the finish line, hosting congressional negotiators for lunch before a speech in which he will make closing arguments for the legislation.
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said the central bank can help avoid negative price shocks and achieve its 2 percent inflation target by working on inflation expectations through forward guidance.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve is widely expected to raise interest rates on Wednesday, but, more significantly, it may give its strongest hint yet on how the Trump administration’s tax overhaul could affect the U.S. economy.
Weekly earnings across the UK grew at an annual rate of 2.5 per cent in the three months to October, up on last month’s figure but still undershooting inflation and spelling an eighth consecutive month of declining real wages for UK workers.
Next trading day's important events
- 03:30 (GMT 3) Australia - Unemployment Rate s.a. (Nov)
- 11:30 (GMT 3) SNB Interest Rate Decision
- 12:00 (GMT 3) SNB press conference
- 15:00 (GMT 3) BoE Interest Rate Decision
- 15:45 (GMT 3) ECB Interest Rate Decision
- 16:30 (GMT 3) US - Retail Sales (MoM) (Nov)
- 16:30 (GMT 3) ECB Monetary policy statement and press conference
- 20:25 (GMT 3) BoC Governor Poloz Speec
- USDJPY: 113.18
- EURUSD: 1.1757
- S&P 500: 2670.02
- NASDAQ: 6885.12