NEW YORK (Reuters) - The dollar rose to a one-week high on Wednesday before a widely anticipated Federal Reserve interest rate hike, although investors were still on edge about a trade spat between the United States and China.
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Wednesday said he would not be rushed into renewing NAFTA and indicated it was possible the three member nations might fail to conclude a new pact.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has retained its position as the biggest hub for offshore trading of China’s renminbi currency, according to a report published on Wednesday, with transacted volumes reaching a record high in 2018.
Investing.com - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes rose less than expected in August, according to data released on Wednesday.
The Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria on Tuesday warned that weak economic fundamentals currently being shown by the economy were putting the country’s exit from recession under threat.
A three-month long bitcoin price squeeze (BTC) could be nearing an end, with a key volatility indicator reaching its lowest level for 21 months.
Next trading day's important events
- 09:35 (GMT 3) JP - Bank of Japan Governor Kuroda Speech
- 15:00 (GMT 3) DE - Harmonized Index of Consumer Prices (YoY) (Sep)
- 15:30 (GMT 3) US - Gross Domestic Product Annualized (Q2)
- 16:30 (GMT 3) EMU - ECB President Draghi's Speech
- 17:00 (GMT 3) UK - BOE's Governor Carney speech
- 23:30 (GMT 3) US - Fed's Powell Speech
- USDJPY: 112.97
- EURUSD: 1.1744
- S&P 500: 2922.80
- NASDAQ: 8034.67