As you probably already know, the upcoming Alibaba IPO will most probably be the biggest event on the NYSE this year.
We are pleased to inform you that CFDs on Alibaba shares will be available to trade on our Delta Trading platform (desktop, web, mobile) shortly after trading begins.
It is expected that Friday, 19th September, will see the launch of Alibaba’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) on the NYSE under the symbol of BABA. It is anticipated that about 320 million shares are to be released, with an IPO share price of $66 to $68, up from its earlier price range of $60 to $66, due to increased demand.
In the beginning of September, company executives embarked on an international road show trying to convince mutual fund managers, hedge fund titans and wealthy individuals that Alibaba will be even better than Facebook.
Quick facts about Alibaba and its IPO:
- China’s Alibaba is a global e-commerce powerhouse, bigger than Amazon.com and eBay combined. It is made up of a number of websites and services catering for both consumers and businesses.
- Biggest IPO in history? If Alibaba manages to sell the maximum number of shares at the highest anticipated price ($68), it will raise more than $25 billion. This would make it the biggest IPO in history, surpassing the $22.1 billion raised by the Agricultural Bank of China back in 2010. Whatever happens, Alibaba will almost certainly become the biggest IPO ever in the US, eclipsing the $19.7 billion raised by Visa in 2008.
- Alibaba to pass $1 trillion mark. The company could become the first one to pass $1 trillion in transactions in a single year, which might give you some idea of the scale of the website’s operations. - Alibaba accounts for $4 out of every $5 spent online in China. The scale of Alibaba's online operation is mind-blowing, especially when you consider it operates in just one country.
- Alibaba has over 22,000 employees. That is more than Facebook (7,185) and PayPal (13,500) combined.
* Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
If you have any questions on Alibaba’s IPO, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
We wish you successful trading!
Alibaba share CFDs to be offered by Deltastock