Dukascopy - Analytics


    488.50 6.00/10
    83% of positive reviews

    NZD/USD inches higher, resumes trade between SMAs

    © Dukascopy Bank SA
    "The US dollar has retraced some of its post nonfarm-payroll strength, but this is likely due to profit-taking and the US holiday rather than a reassessment of dollar strength." 
    - Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (based on Business Recorder) 

    Pair's Outlook 
    The NZD/USD currency pair remained completely unchanged over the last 24 hours. Consequently, the trading range between the 55 and 100-day SMAs also remained intact and is likely to keep the Kiwi caged inside for another day. However, the trading range is narrowing, as the 55-day SMA is now at 0.6518, while the 100-day one at 0.6567. The US Dollar profit taking is expected to take place due to the US bank holiday, thus, pushing the Kiwi higher towards the 100-day SMA. Technical studies, however, retain bearish signs. 

    Traders' Sentiment 
    The gap between long and short positions keeps narrowing, with 54% of traders now holding long positions and the remaining 46% - short. There are less orders to sell the Kiwi today, namely 67%.
    © Dukascopy Bank SA

    To leave a comment you must or Join us

    By visiting our website and services, you agree to the conditions of use of cookies. Learn more
    I agree