Dukascopy - Analytics

    Dukascopy

    469.25 6.25/10
    83% of positive reviews
    Real

    NZD/USD falls under 0.66

    © Dukascopy Bank SA
    "The kiwi is unstoppable at the moment and part of the reason is the market is still winding back its US dollar positions." 
    - Sam Tuck, ANZ Bank New Zealand (based on The New Zealand Herald) 


    Pair's Outlook 
    The Kiwi experienced a sharp sell-off on Friday, falling back below the 0.67 major level. Furthermore, on Monday the NZD/USD opened with a relatively large bearish gap, with price unable to maintain trade above the psychological level of 0.66. The New Zealand currency is supported by a group of levels around 0.6550, represented by the monthly PP, the weekly S1 and the Bollinger band. Even though a rally today is possible, gains should be limited by the 20, 55, 100 and 200-day SMAs circa 0.6640. Technical indicators are unable to provide any clear sense of direction, but the bearish momentum remains the base case scenario. 

    Traders' Sentiment 

    SWFX traders' sentiment remains neutral, as 49% of all open positions are long and the remaining 51% are long. The number of sell orders, however, added extra 5% points, now taking up 70% of the market.
    © Dukascopy Bank SA

    To leave a comment you must or Join us


    By visiting our website and services, you agree to the conditions of use of cookies. Learn more
    I agree