Dukascopy - Analytics


    472.75 6.00/10
    83% of positive reviews

    USD/CAD to close under 1.35

    © Dukascopy Bank SA
    "The U.S. economy doesn't look too bad after all. So some people seem to start thinking that the Fed's rate hike could be back on the agenda." 
    - Bart Wakabayashi, State Street (based on CNBC) 

    Pair's Outlook 
    The Greenback was supported by the lower Bollinger band yesterday, which helped the USD/CAD to remain relatively unchanged and above the 1.35 level. Today this support shifted slightly lower, suggesting we might see the pair fall below the psychological level of 1.35. However, according to daily technical indicators, the Buck could trade in limbo through all of the day for the third consecutive time. The base case scenario, nonetheless, is a movement to the downside, which is to be stimulated by the Canadian GDP results. Furthermore, a fall towards the weekly S1 at 1.3391 is possible, but doubtful.

    Traders' Sentiment 
    Traders' sentiment is quite close to being neutral, as 53% of all open positions are long and the remaining 47% are short. Meanwhile, the number of purchase orders soared from 35 to 74%.
    © Dukascopy Bank SA

    To leave a comment you must or Join us

    By visiting our website and services, you agree to the conditions of use of cookies. Learn more
    I agree