Dukascopy - Analytics

    Dukascopy

    469.25 6.25/10
    83% of positive reviews
    Real

    NZD/USD sets eye on 0.67

    © Dukascopy Bank SA
    "Evans's comments are taken hawkishly by the U.S. dollar. If we continue to hear comments along those lines, then the market will see one reason to perhaps adjust its pricing for a hike from the end of this year, to something earlier." 
    - Westpac Banking Corp. (based on Bloomberg) 


    Pair's Outlook
    The NZD/USD trade was subdued on Tuesday, as the exchange rate remained caged in a tight range between 0.6747 and 0.6759. The pair is in a clear corrective trend until price reaches 0.66 US dollars, despite technical studies now giving bullish signs in the daily timeframe. The Kiwi is now under the risk of closing below the 0.67 mark, if the 20-day SMA in that area fails to provide sufficient support. In case of a breach, the next target would then become a tough cluster right on top of the 0.66 target level, but such a sharp decline is unlikely to occur just yet. 

    Traders' Sentiment
    Market sentiment keeps oscillating around the equilibrium: today 51% of traders are long the Kiwi, while the remaining 49% are short. At the same time, the number of orders to acquire the New Zealand Dollar increased from 60 to 71%.
    © Dukascopy Bank SA

    To leave a comment you must or Join us


    By visiting our website and services, you agree to the conditions of use of cookies. Learn more
    I agree