FXTM continues its expansion in significant global regions thanks to Jameel Ahmad’s successful run of media tours. The Chief Market Analyst and VP of Corporate Development recently visited Malaysia and Indonesia where he met with a number of notable media outlets.
Between 19 - 22 April, Jameel’s roundtable with Malaysian media, including The Edge (the leading financial newspaper in the country), The Sun (Malaysia's No.1 English Daily in the urban consumer market) and, Astro Awani (Malaysia's first 24-hour news and information station). As well as one-on-one interviews with BFM 89.9 (Malaysia’s only independent radio station) and Bloomberg TV (part of the renowned international brand, this is a prime source of hard facts and analysis for Malaysians).
Topics of discussion included:
- The global state of the Currency Markets and how it’s impacting the Malaysian economy and the MYR.
- What measures the new Bank Negara Malaysia successor could take up in an effort to boost the MYR.
- Thoughts on commodities prices such as Gold, WTI oil and how that will impact the MYR in Q2 and Q3.
- If the slowdown in China’s economy has any negative impact on the MYR.
- Outlining the major factors that are impacting the Ringgit’s performance.
- The more positive side of recovery for Malaysia’s currency, and why sentiment towards Malaysian investment is improving.
- And much more.
Watch Jameel’s full interviews with Astro Awani and Bloomberg TV below:
Astro Awani TV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKWYwKcTIw&feature=youtu.be
Bloomberg TV Malaysia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81P-p5Aao_c&feature=youtu.be
BFM radio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHwKj6CJsI
Get the full BFM 89.9 broadcast here.
Next up was Indonesia. Between 25 – 27 April, Jameel conducted a series of one-on-one interviews with popular media outlets such as Kontant Daily (Daily newspaper which focuses on business, economy and capital market) and The Jakarta Post (Daily English language newspaper) and was also featured in other renowned online financial newspapers. Main topics discussed were:
- Currency market trends, including China’s economy policy, WTI oil price, and the Brexit issue
- The Indonesian government’s economic and repo-rate policy packages
- Gold price in the global market.
FXTM is proud to cap off another successful media tour in Southeast Asia! Be sure to bookmark our Daily Market Analysis page to stay up-to-date with the latest from the markets!
Here’s a list of all available links from FXTM’s latest media tour in Malaysia and Indonesia:
Malaysia – In English
Indonesia – In Indonesian
Disclaimer: The content in these videos comprises personal opinions and ideas and should not be construed as containing personal and/or other investment advice and/or an offer of and/or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments and/or a guarantee and/or prediction of future performance. FXTM, its affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees do not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available and assume no liability as to any loss arising from any investment based on the same.