After recent visits to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Malaysia and Indonesia, FXTM’s Chief Market Analyst Jameel Ahmad continued his media tour into China where he visited both Beijing and Shanghai. Following a wide range of interviews with highly respected publications in Beijing, FXTM’s Chief Market Analyst travelled on to Shanghai for additional interviews with Reuters, the 21st Century Business Herald and Bloomberg. Jameel also hosted another lively media roundtable event in Shanghai, which elicited many questions from those in attendance and sparked an interesting discussion on the future outlook for the currency markets.
As expected, Jameel’s latest visit to China generated intense media interest that resulted in widespread coverage across well-known print, online and broadcast media channels, with features appearing in the likes of Reuters, the 21st Century Business Herald, International Business Day and China Security News. A particular highlight of the trip was Jameel’s video interview with FX168.com.
Topics discussed included:
- Why Jameel thought the USD would be vulnerable to profit-taking in the second quarter of 2015;
- When the Federal Reserve will begin raising US interest rates;
- The Chinese economy and the outlook for the future;
- The People’s Bank of China (PBoC) and its attempts to reinvigorate economic momentum;
- RMB internationalization and adding the currency into the Special Drawing Rights (SDR) basket; and,
- The future outlook for the currency markets.
Following yet another productive visit to China, Jameel said, "This was my second visit to Shanghai, but my first to Beijing and I have to say that I truly enjoy visiting China. This is not only because China is a beautiful country, but also because the people of China have a real passion for both finance and currency trading. Due to this underlying passion and with the balance between education and market knowledge, there is incredible potential for China to produce some really successful currency traders.”Don’t forget that you can keep up with breaking financial news and important economic events with exclusive commentary by Jameel in our daily Market Analysis section.