FXOpen would like to inform you about the recent MT4 Build 600 and subsequent versions upgrade resulting in some important changes to the MQL4 data structure. As a consequence the folders for saving EAs have been moved. All the EAs, Indicators, Scripts and Library files are now to be saved in different locations.
Note, please the following:
To identify your MT4 build, click Help About on your client terminal.
To access the folder with newly saved EAs data from your MT4 client terminal, click File > Open Data Folder:
- - All the experts should be saved in the MQL4 > Experts folder;
- - All the indicators should be savedin the MQL4 > Indicators folder;
- - All the library files should be saved in the MQL4 > Libraries folder;
- - All the script files should be saved in the MQL4 > Scripts folder.
If you use an earlier MT4 build, please note that once you’ve upgraded to the new version, your EAs, Indicators, Scripts and Library files will be transferred automatically to the folders mentioned above. Please make sure your EAs and/or indicators are working correctly after the upgrade.
Finally, the MQL4 language has also been modified in this latest build. It may interfere with your installed Expert Advisors (EAs) and indicators. If you notice any issues with your pre-installed EAs or indicators, please take the actions below:
- 1. Contact your EA provider if your source code is unavailable. Request the EA updated version, or ensure that the current one is running properly under the new MT4 build.
- 2. If you have written your own EAs or have the source code available, please follow the steps:
- - Navigate to Tools > MetaQuotes Language Editor – a new window will appear;
- - Navigate to View > Navigator – the Navigator box will appear (if not yet);
- - Double-click on the EA/indicator you’d like to use and update – the relevant EA script will appear in the main window;
- - Alternatively navigate to File > Open to locate the relevant EA/indicator source code saved on your computer;
- - Click on Compile in the toolbar on top of the main window (or navigate to File > Compile) – a message will appear in the Toolbox window at the bottom;
- - Once this has been completed and there are no error messages displayed you will need to close and reopen your MT4 client – your EAs and indicators should now be ready to use;
- - If errors or warnings are displayed, please review your code again or consult an MQL4 expert.
If it is your EA that causes trouble, you are recommended to backtest it again, and/or run it in a demo environment before using it live.
Should you have any questions, please contact FXOpen support service and follow the discussion on the FXOpen forum.