Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported its Electronic Brokerage monthly performance metrics for August.
Highlights for the month included:
- 495 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 5% higher than prior year and 6% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer equity of $55.7 billion, 40% higher than prior year and 4% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer margin loan balances of $16.6 billion, 39% higher than prior year and 4% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer credit balances of $29.5 billion, 24% higher than prior year and 4% higher than prior month.
- 269 thousand customer accounts, 17% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 421 annualized average cleared DARTs per customer account.
- Average commission per cleared customer order of $4.30 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees. Key products:
|August 2014||Average Commission per Cleared Customer Order||Average Order Size|
|Equity Options||$6.51||9.8 contracts|
Futures include options on futures. We estimate exchange, clearing and regulatory fees to be 56% of the futures commissions.
In the interest of transparency, we quantify our clients' all-in cost of trade execution below.
- In August, customers' total cost of executing and clearing U.S. Reg.-NMS stocks through IB was 1.8 basis points of trade money1, as measured against a daily VWAP2 benchmark (1.0 basis point YTD).
The above illustrates that the YTD average all-in cost of a customer U.S. Reg.-NMS stock trade was 1.0 basis point.
Note 1: Trade money is the total amount of money customers spent or received, including all commissions and fees.
Note 2: Consistent with the customers' trading activity, the computed VWAP benchmark includes extended trading hours.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.interactivebrokers.com/ir.