Praet: the ECB's monetary policy works
- the financial sector and liquidity showed a surprisingly high stability.
- ECB policy supports the new borrowing, consumption, investment.
- low interest rates almost no effect on the disposable income of the euro area households.
- low interest rates provide essential support to company's profitability.
- recovering of the eurozone economy is showing signs of strengthening.
- among the uncertainties threatening the euro zone economy can be identified Brexit and weak global economic growth.
- ECB policy may not be the only remedy for the current economic problems, need more actors.
- i would not jump to conclusions regarding Brexit.
- the uncertainty associated with Brexit is a very important aspect.