Charles Evans finished his speech but speaks to Bloomberg television right now. As we can see there are some important headlines around that are far more interesting that those from his speech:
- Expects a good number in payrolls data
- Payrolls data may be affected by on-offs/strike
- Hike timinig isn’t key issue, could be June, July or September
- Two rate hikes probably appropriate this year
- FED may be able to judge outlook better after June
- UK Referendum makes the policy more difficult
- Economic conditions have improved
- Brexit adding a lot of uncertainty
- Brexit getting in way of a clear outlook
It sems that Evans doesn’t want to vote for a hike in June and he suggests that wait and see will be the best option for the upcoming meeting. If so, then we should be prepared for a hike in July.
Any person acting on this information does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it.