- important to see if the "disappointing’ NFP on Friday was a one-off, an anomaly or a broader weakness
- inflation is moving towards the 2% goal, there is evidence on this
- there should be enough growth in the economy to secure gradual rate hikes, if the economy continues to imrpve gradually
- Fed relatively close to fulfilling the dual mandate, thanks in part to QE
- the experience of other central banks with negative rates is mixed, results do not seem particularly promising
This is an act of gently downplaying the NFP, that hit the USD hard on Friday, but it can do little about the disappearing rate hike expectations without a big rebiund in employment with some upward revision of May in the next labour market report from the US.
Any person acting on this information does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it.