Here are the most important headlines from the BOE’s statement:
- Notices Pound moves, Brexit may mean further drop
- Has stability tools to protect banks
- EU Vote makes harder to see underlying economic momentum
- Brexit could materially affect inflation, GDP outlook
- Core CPI subdued, expects a pickup in inflation
- Brexit would create challenging decisions for the MPC
- Brexit could affect the economy, push pound down sharply
Brexit dominates the tone and the message and shows a huge uncertainty connected with the event. The pound is on daily lows as another poll showed "leave" campaign ahead.
Any person acting on this information does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it.